The Healthy Communities Foundation is seeking a forward-thinking, creative, and nimble individual with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
The Healthy Communities Foundation (HCF) is a private independent foundation established in 1999 resulting from the sale of MacNeal Hospital in Berwyn, IL to the Vanguard Health Services. Previously known as the Arthur Foundation, HCF changed its name in April 2017.
The Foundation is a community informed grant making foundation that seeks to measurably improve the health and well-being of individuals, families and communities in its service area by promoting health equity, quality and access. The foundation’s service areas spans 27 zip codes in the City of Chicago and Suburban municipalities in western Cook County.
The Foundation is in the final stages of completing a new strategic plan. By using health equity as an overarching principle and lens, the strategic plan’s goal is to improve the quality of life and well-being in its served communities. The Communications Fellow will report to the Foundation President and join a team made up of the President, Program Officers and Communications Consultant.
- Work as a member of the HCF team of staff and consultants on the planning and execution of a creative communication strategy in support of foundation objectives.
- Working with the HCF Staff will
- Write and edit the Foundation’s communication vehicles, including web content, news releases, presentations and talking points
- Assist with research and production of executive briefings, speeches and presentations. o Support and/or lead development, production and distribution of key communication vehicles.
- Research and draft briefs and stories for the Foundation’s website about the work of our grantees/partners.
- Attend events to capture content and multimedia for print and digital communications.
- Play key role in special event planning and execution.
- Support other foundation team members on projects as needed.
- Currently in a graduate program or a recent college graduate with a degree in Liberal Arts, Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism or in related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create content in the appropriate voice for the organization.
- Understanding of the nonprofit landscape in the Chicagoland area.
- Creative and innovative thinker with the ability to understand the role of social media in the nonprofit sector.
- Applicant should be hard working, enthusiastic, resourceful and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team player, who can also work independently.
- Passion for health care equity advocacy and social justice.
- Familiarity in digital media technologies and Microsoft Office Suite
Please click the button below to download a PDF of the job description.
Interested candidates please send resume, cover letter and writing sample (no more than 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org with ATTN: Communications Fellowship in the subject line.